Spinach and Artichoke-Stuffed Mushrooms
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 24 to 30 cremini mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry in a kitchen towel
- 1 cup water-packed, canned or frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 free-range organic egg yolks
- 1/4 cup pignoli (pine nuts), toasted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the mushroom caps on a rimmed baking sheet, stemmed-side down so the liquid drains away from the mushrooms as they start to shrink. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Meanwhile, chop the reserved mushroom stems. In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, 1 turn of the pan. Add the mushroom stems and brown; add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook to soften. Let cool, then transfer to a food processor. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and pulse-chop. Pulse in the remaining tablespoon of oil, the Parm, egg yolks, pine nuts, and cream. Transfer to a bowl.
Flip the cooked mushroom caps over and fill them with the spinach-artichoke mixture, mounding it up a bit. Bake until the filling is cooked through, 12-15 minutes.