- 1 cup milk
- 1 large parsnips, soaked in milk at least 4 to 5 hours or overnight to help with mashing process
- 3 bundles asparagus
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 slices pancetta, diced
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/8 cup whole grain mustard
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup French’s crispy onions
- 1/4 shredded mozzarella blend
Preheat oven to 500°F. Trim bottoms of asparagus. Remove parsnips from milk and dice.
On a baking sheet, liberally drizzle parsnips and asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes until done and tender. Cool and chop asparagus into matchsticks. Lower oven heat to 350°F.
Sauté diced pancetta in a large pan on medium heat. Transfer pancetta and fat into a casserole dish. Add cream of mushroom, whole grain mustard, parsnips and tarragon. On top of casserole, sprinkle cheese and crispy onions. Bake casserole until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes.