- 1 1/2 pound green beans or haricots verts
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced into thin wedges, root end left intact
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- Torn small fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven 500°F.
In a bowl, toss together the green beans, shallots, tomatoes, garlic, olives, EVOO, salt and pepper. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until the beans are tender and the tomatoes burst, about 25 minutes.
To serve, top with the ricotta salata and garnish with basil.