- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Worcestershire sauce
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil until shimmering, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook until the onions start to brown, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper then reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes. Stir in the yogurt, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.