- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3- to 4-pound chicken, split (backbone cut out and flattened)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 pound parsnips, carrots and celery root, washed and peeled.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix together garlic, thyme, lemon zest, a pinch salt and pepper. Drizzle the chicken with 3 tablespoons olive oil then sprinkle chicken with garlic mixture and set aside.
In medium bowl, place mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil, Worcestershire, a pinch salt and pepper and mix. Add root vegetables and toss until coated. Once coated, scatter veggies on the bottom of a roasting tray; place chicken on top, skin-side up. Roast in oven until juices run clear (roughly 25-30 minutes). Rest for 5 minutes and serve.