Please read this important message from General Mills regarding their recent flour recall: http://www.generalmills.com/flour
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 sweet potatoes (approx. 2 pounds), peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the garlic, shallots, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard and thyme leaves in a food processor. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and blend for 30 seconds. Remove and transfer to a bowl.
Place the whisked eggs and flour in two separate bowls (or plates) .
Dip each pork chop in flour, followed by the egg then lay in the mustard breadcrumb mixture and coat the pork chop.
For the sweet potatoes, whisk together (using a fork) the ground cumin and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour the cumin oil over the sweet potatoes, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat.
Place the breaded pork chops in the center of a baking sheet and arrange the sweet potatoes around the pork. Bake for 25 minutes, removing from the oven a couple of times to toss the sweet potatoes.