- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 pound stick pepperoni, casing removed and coarsely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Beef stock or water to thin, if necessary
- A few leaves of basil, torn
- Shredded provolone and mozzarella
- Soft rolls
Heat oil in deep skillet over medium-high heat, 1 turn of the pan. Add meat and brown and crumble; add pepperoni and stir 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and tomato sauce, and reduce heat to a simmer. Add beef stock or water to loosen, if needed.
Serve with cheese and rolls.