Pasta with Bacon, Chestnuts and Dijon
Maple Dijon Bacon Burger
Spaghetti with Bacon and Cabbage
Paccheri all'Amatriciana: Pasta with Bacon and Onion Sauce
Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Maple Mustard
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
How To Make Beef Stew With Dijon Mustard | Rachael Ray
Pasta With Tomato Raw Sauce
Pasta With Bacon, Onion, Tomato and Bay Leaves
Riggies with Greens and Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound meaty bacon
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 round tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 pound linguine or rigatoni
- 1 cup pre-roasted or prepared chestnuts, sliced or chopped
- 1 loosely packed cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus some to serve/pass at table
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add bacon and render 2-3 minutes until crispy at edges. Add shallots, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add stock and cream or crème fraiche then stir in syrup or honey and simmer to thicken sauce. Reduce heat to low and stir in mustard to taste.
Salt boiling pasta water and cook pasta to al dente. Add half a cup of salty, starchy cooking water to sauce before draining pasta. Add drained pasta and toss with roasted chestnuts, sauce and cheese.
Serve in shallow bowls and pass extra cheese at table.