- 1 12- to 16-ounce pack applewood smoked bacon, cooked and chopped
- 12 medium cherry tomatoes with stem intact
- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado
- Juice from 2 lemons, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3/4 softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 small 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies
- A few dashes of Tabasco
- 1 head romaine heart leaves (save the larger leaves for sando's the next day)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange the tomatoes, vines intact, on the rack. Brush with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Roast for 30-45 minutes, Remove from the oven and let cool.
Turn on an indoor grill pan on medium-high heat. Cut avocado in half, remove pit with a spoon then cut into quarters with skin intact the whole time. Drizzle with juice from half of a lemon and brush lightly with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Gently place cut-side down on grill for 2-3 minutes, make sure to grill on both exposed sides. Pull from grill and let cool. Once cool, remove peel and set avocados in the fridge until ready to assemble.
In a large bowl, combine chopped crispy bacon, sour cream, mayo, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, scallions, green chilies, hot sauce, juice from a 1/2 a lemon and a teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Place mixture in a serving/baking dish and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Pull from the oven and place cherry tomatoes, grilled avocados all over the top of the dip.
Toss romaine heart leaves with a little EVOO, lemon juice and salt and pepper then stud the top of your dip between avocados and tomatoes with dressed romaine leaves like they are growing from the ground. Last but not least, stud the top of your dip with round-shape crackers like Ritz or almond crackers that are shaped like baseballs. Enjoy!