Sliced Steak Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette and BBQ Chips
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Tabasco sauce or puréed chipotle in adobo to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 hanger, skirt or flatiron steaks (about 6- to 7-ounces each)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, trimmed and sliced 1 1/2-inches thick
- 1 bunch upland cress or watercress
- About 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño rings or banana pepper rings
- 2 cups thick-cut or ridged BBQ potato chips
- 1 cup thickly shredded or curls smoked cheddar or pepper jack cheese
For the pickled onions, in a small bowl, toss the onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Preheat a grill or griddle pan over medium-high.
For the dressing, in a large bowl, whisk the shallots, oil, vinegar, tabasco, garlic, honey and cumin; season.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper; drizzle with oil. Grill, turning occasionally, until the steaks are crispy and browned on the outside but still tender in the center, about 8 minutes for hanger or flatiron, 5-6 minutes for skirt steaks. Let rest 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
Toss greens with the pickled onions, jalapeño rings, chips and cheese with the dressing.
Divide the salad among plates; top with sliced steak.