- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts, quartered lengthwise and chopped crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 red finger chilis, Fresno chilis or jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 large garlic cloves, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons or more Sriracha
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts, preferably Planters, coarsely chopped
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
In a large skillet, heat the oil, two turns of the pan, over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, breaking it up with a spoon and stirring often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the leeks, chilies, ginger and garlic; season with pepper. Stir-fry until the leeks are tender, about 3 minutes. Add the hoisin, soy sauce, peanut butter and vinegar. Stir until the sauce coats the chicken, 1-2 minutes. Add the Sriracha (add more if you want more heat) and mix in the peanuts. Serve immediately with lettuce leaves for wrapping.