Grilled Chicken Thighs in Beer-Braised Black and White Beans
How To Make Beer Can Chicken—WITH WHITE WINE!! | Rachael Ray
Garlic and Sage Chicken Thighs and Brussels Sprout Salad
Braised Chicken Thighs with Winter Vegetables
Anne Burrell’s Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Almond …
How To Make Cheeseburger Rice | Rachael Ray
Thanksgiving Tray Bake: Turkey Breast + Roast Veggies With Worce…
Clinton Kelly’s Spicy Turkey Meatballs with Sweet Mango Glaze
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
How To Make The Easiest Brisket Ever With Caramelized Onions | R…
Jalapeño Blue Cheese Bacon Burgers
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon each granulated garlic and onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a palmful) smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound meaty, smoky bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 fat cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup light-colored and light-flavored beer, such as Dos XX or Corona
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Smoked Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) coriander
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 lime, halved
- A small bunch scallions, whites and light greens thinly sliced on bias
- Fritos or BBQ Fritos, lightly crushed, for topping
- 1 lime, halved
Combine fennel seed, granulated garlic and onion, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the rub and drizzle with about 2 tablespoons oil.
Heat griddle or grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil, 1 turn of the pan, and bacon and render to almost crisp. Add onions and garlic, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and beer, and reduce by half. Add ketchup, Worcestershire, Chipotle Tabasco, brown sugar, soy sauce, cumin, coriander, both types of beans and reduce heat to low.
Grill chicken 8-10 minutes turning occasionally. Grill lime the last minute or 2 of cook time. Douse chicken with lime then let meat rest before slicing.
Serve beans topped with sliced chicken and garnished with Fritos and green onions.