Missed out on the Facebook Live action? Don't worry - you can still view it here: Facebook.com/TheRachaelRayShow
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 links spicy turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, stemmed and chopped, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage to the pan and break up the meat with a wooden spoon or a potato masher. Once the sausage is almost all the way cooked through, about 4-5 minutes, add onion and peppers, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Add in tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add in stock, stir to combine and cook another 2-3 minutes or until flavors have combined.
In a medium saucepot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Once melted, add in flour and whisk to combine. Allow the roux to cook for about 30 seconds then whisk in milk and chicken stock. Once combined, allow the sauce to heat through and come to a bubble. Once thickened, remove from heat and whisk in cheese.
In small saucepot, melt butter and add garlic, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley. Remove from heat.
On a flat griddle or stainless steel skillet, heat flour tortillas until charred on both sides. Using a pastry brush, brush one side of each tortilla with garlic butter. With the garlic-butter side facing in, fill each tortilla with sausage and peppers and top with provolone cheese sauce. Garnish each taco with remaining parsley and serve.