- 2 chicken breasts, about 1/2 pound, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or stir-fry oil
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Scallions, chopped for garnish
In a small bowl, mix the chicken with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and the Chinese Five Spice. Marinate at room temp for 15 minutes or place into the fridge for a few hours.
In another small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce with honey or brown sugar and rice wine vinegar. Stir to combine and set aside.
Place half of the cauliflower florets into the food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Remove the cauliflower into a bowl and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat in a large, high-sided skillet or wok. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes. Add onion and carrot, and cook until the carrots begin to soften. Mix in the peas and corn, and cook for another minute. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil then add the cauliflower rice and the soy sauce mixture. Stir to coat then cover the pot and turn the heat down to medium. Cook, lid on, for 5 minutes.
Divide the cauliflower rice into 4 serving bowls and top with scallions.