Missed out on the Facebook Live action? Don't worry - you can still view it here: Facebook.com/TheRachaelRayShow
- 1 pound short-cut spiral pasta
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds (preferably Marcona) or hazelnuts
- 1 lb. tomatoes (2-3 heirloom tomatoes), roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- A handful parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, divided, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced very thin
- A handful basil, leaves torn in half
Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and the pasta, and cook to al dente.
While the pasta is cooking, pulse the golden raisins and almonds in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add the tomatoes, garlic and parsley, and pulse a couple more times. Add in the vinegar, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Run the food processor for about 30 seconds then, as the food processor is running, stream in the olive oil. Turn off the food processor and add in 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and blend for another 10 seconds.
Drain the pasta in a colander and return the pasta back into the pot. Toss pasta with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese to coat. Add in the thinly sliced zucchini and the pasta sauce, and toss. Tear in the basil, dish the pasta into serving bowls and serve topped with additional parmesan cheese.