- 6 ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, plus a few lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- A handful cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 6 ounces cotija or queso fresco cheese, crumbled (you can substitute shredded Monterey Jack)
Preheat oven to broil or prepare grill at high heat. Spray each corn cob with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the corn, turning every few minutes to char the kernels. Remove and cool. Cut the corn from the cob into a large mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, lime juice and zest, ancho and onion powders. Pour the dressing over the corn and toss to coat. Stir in the chopped cilantro and place the corn salad onto a large serving platter.
Top the corn salad with the cheese and serve with some sprigs of cilantro and lime wedges alongside.