- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups store-bought riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 14.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I prefer low-sodium beans)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, stemmed and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 1 minute or until onion starts to soften. Make sure the oil is very hot then add in the riced cauliflower and toss the pan to coat in oil. Allow the cauliflower rice to soften and brown, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
Stir in beans, cilantro and lime zest and juice. Cook a minute more to warm through and serve.