- 4 pieces pork loin medallions
- Salt and pepper
- Wondra flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 Granny Smith or Macoun apples, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup Calvados
- 1 cup pork or chicken stock
- 2 cup Brussels sprout leaves
- 12 leaves fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
Season pork medallions with salt and pepper then dust with Wondra.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan until smoking hot; add oil. Sear medallions on both sides for about 2 minutes each. Remove meat from pan then add the onion and garlic to the hot pan and stir for one minute.
Add the apples and dried cherries then deglaze the pan with the Calvados. Add stock and toss in the Brussels sprout leaves. Reduce to thicken the sauce then add the medallions back in the pan. Finish with fresh sage and butter (if using); adjust seasoning if necessary.
Serve medallions on a platter topped with toasted walnuts.