- 2 zucchini (about 3/4 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 yellow summer squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- Grated zest and juice of 3 lemons or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup dill, chopped
Combine the zucchini and yellow squash in a colander in the sink and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt. Toss to coat and set aside for 10-15 minutes, no longer.
In a large bowl, combine the garlic and shallot; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and add in the lemon zest and juice. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream, then add the almonds and dill. Taste for seasoning and acidity (it should be nicely acidic).
Add the zucchini and squash to the dressing, toss and serve immediately.