- 1 whole “fryer” chicken
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Potatoes and carrots (enough to coat the bottom of the dish), chopped
Pat chicken with a paper towel until completely dry. In a bowl, combine butter, rosemary, garlic, lemon zest and salt. This creates a yummy spread/coating for the chicken.
Fill the center of the dish with the 1 cup of wine and place the cavity of the chicken over the top so that it sits upright. Using your hands, rub the compound butter all over the chicken (it’s going to be messy!). In another bowl, coat carrots and potatoes with a tiny bit of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper. Place the chicken and veggies in a 425°F oven for about an hour or until golden brown. Eat to your hearts content. Enjoy!!!
Roast Chicken and Roasted Veggies with Mushroom-Apple Stuffing
Marc Murphy's Beer Can Chicken
Lizzie’s Roasted Chicken