- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 jalapeño peppers, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon (a rounded palmful) cumin
- 1 tablespoon (a scant palmful) Ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon (half a palmful) coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 pound spaghetti
- A small handful cilantro or flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Grated sharp white cheddar and Parm cheese, combined, for topping
Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook to lightly brown and crumble. Add the jalapeño, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, coriander, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the light brown sugar and stock then add the beans; reduce heat to low.
Salt the boiling water and cook pasta to 1 minute shy of the suggested cook time. Add half a cup of cooking water to the sauce before draining pasta. Add drained pasta to sauce along with the cilantro or parsley, and some grated cheese, a couple handfuls. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper. Pass more cheese at table.
Ragin' Cajun Chili
Red and Black Bean Chili and Sweet Potatoes
Zucchini and Corn Chili
Sunny Anderson Goodyear’s White Chicken Chili