- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, I prefer Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 romaine hearts, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced and dressed with a little lemon juice to prevent browning
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once warm, add chicken and cook on one side until brown. Flip the chicken and cook through on the other side. Once is cooked, remove from heat and add hot sauce to the hot pan and coat the chicken evenly. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes, thinly slice and reserve.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, buttermilk, white wine vinegar, Dijon, lemon juice, dill, garlic and onion powders, and fresh chives. Reserve.
Build salad on a large serving platter: Start with a base of romaine lettuce. In rows across the romaine, arrange the remaining ingredients: eggs, avocado, carrot, celery, chicken, red onion, blue cheese and bacon. Top with dressing and serve.