Cheesy Squash and Corn Burritos
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
This cheesy and satisfying meal is also vegetarian!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 zucchini, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 yellow squash, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels scraped from cob or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 jalapeño peppers, tops removed, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into small half moons
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo, puréed or finely chopped with sauce
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1, divided
- A handful cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 10- or 12-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded melting cheese, such as Pepper Jack and/or cheddar
- Cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add oil, 2 turns of the pan, then zucchini, squash and corn. Lightly brown veggies, 5 minutes, then add jalapeños, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss 2-3 minutes more; add beans.
In a food processor, process chipotle in adobo with oregano, cumin, honey, juice of 1 lime and cilantro or parsley until smooth. Pour mixture into the skillet and stir to combine. Let the mixture come to a bubble then remove from heat.
Rinse out the food processor bowl and process avocados with zest and juice of remaining lime, salt and sour cream until smooth.
Over a burner or in a dry skillet over high heat, soften and lightly brown/blister tortillas on one side.
Build burritos: With blistered side of the tortillas facing up, arrange a layer of cheese and top with a log-shaped pile of filling using 1/6 of veggies. Tuck in sides of the tortilla and wrap and roll the burritos. Set burritos aside seam-side down and spray with cooking spray.
To brown and crisp burritos, heat a griddle over medium-high heat or heat an oven to 425°F. Griddle or bake the burritos on a baking sheet to brown and crisp. To serve, cut burritos in half and serve 3 halves per person topped with dollops of avocado cream.
White Chili Burritos
Mitt & Ann Romney's Sweet Pork Burritos
Quick Chicken Suiza Burritos