Chicken Pitas with Greek Salsa and Zucchini Tzatziki
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
- 2 medium zucchini, seeded and grated
- 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3 lemons, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, from a couple of small sprigs, stemmed and chopped
- 1 small red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast and/or thigh, pounded to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- 2 cubanelle or bell/sweet peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 vine or plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, a handful, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed (a fat handful) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 pickled light green Greek pepperoncini/hot peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) cumin
- A handful dill, finely chopped (about 3 to 4 tablespoons)
- 4 to 6 large, thin pita breads
- Chopped Romaine, to serve
Shred zucchini on the large side of a box grater into a strainer set over the sink or a bowl. Salt it and let it drain for 20 minutes. Press out excess liquid and transfer to a bowl.
While zucchini drains, in a shallow dish, combine about 3 tablespoons EVOO and the zest of 1 lemon, garlic, chili flakes, oregano and some salt. Halve and peel the red onion and grate a few tablespoons into dressing. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly in marinade. Finely chop about 1/2 cup of remaining red onion for the salsa and place in another bowl.
To the salsa bowl, add peppers, tomatoes, olives, parsley, pickled peppers and feta cheese. Add juice of 1 lemon to the salsa, drizzle with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.
In another bowl, combine drained zucchini with juice of 1 lemon, yogurt, cumin, dill and salt to taste.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and cook chicken 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove to cutting board, douse with remaining lemon juice.
Char pitas over open flame burner or toast in a dry, stainless skillet to blister and warm.
Fill pitas with tzatziki, lettuce, salsa, chicken and serve.
Kayla Itsines' Tzatziki
Greek Farro Bowls
Greek Chicken with Feta Tzatziki