- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 multigrain or whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 leaves Bibb or Romaine lettuce
- 1 vine tomato, sliced into 4 slices
Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together turkey, cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Form the meat into 4 even-size burger patties.
Add olive oil to the pan and cook the burgers on one side until cooked halfway through and browned, about 3-4 minutes. Flip burgers and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until completely cooked through.
While burgers are cooking, make your guacamole: In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the red onion, lime juice and salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes as the salt draws the liquid out of the onions. Mix in avocado, cilantro, and season with pepper.
To build burgers, place a cooked turkey patty on a bun bottom, top with lettuce, tomato and guacamole. Set bun tops in place and serve with a side salad of chopped Romaine lettuce and chopped red and yellow peppers, dressed with favorite salad dressing.
Hot Turkey Burger
Bob Harper’s Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Bob Harper's 24-Hour Diet