Cauliflower Steaks with Salsa Verde, Rum Raisins and Toasted Nuts
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 2 small or 1 large head cauliflower
- Natural olive oil cooking spray or olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- About 3 tablespoons (a small handful) each sliced or silvered almonds, pistachios (I like Sicilian) and pine nuts
- 1/2 cup dark or spiced rum
- 1/4 cup (a handful) golden raisins (sultanas)
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, stemmed
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus the juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons capers in brine, drained
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 scent teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) crushed red pepper
- 4 to 5 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
For the cauliflower “steaks”, trim off the stem then cut off about 1 inch from two opposite sides. Cutting from the top to the bottom, slice into 4 steaks, each 1 1/2 inches thick. (If serving as a side, halve each steak.)
Arrange “steaks” on a nonstick or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spray or brush them with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Roast on the lower rack 12 minutes. Turn each steak, top with a little cheese and roast until the cauliflower is tender and the top is golden-brown, 10-12 minutes more.
Scatter the nuts on a small baking sheet. Place in the oven on the upper rack and roast with the cauliflower until golden, 3-5 minutes; let cool.
In a small saucepan, bring the rum and raisins to a gentle simmer over medium heat to plump the raisins.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, finely chop the parsley, shallot, lemon zest and juice, capers, vinegar, garlic, anchovies and crushed red pepper. With the machine running, stream in the EVOO and process until smooth. Season the salsa verde with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the salsa over the “steaks” and top with the nuts and the drained raisins.
Scott Conant’s Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Salsa Verde and Ricotta Cheese
Cacio e Pepe Bucatini with Roasted Cauliflower
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic Ricotta Cream Sauce