Easy Comfort Food: Chicken and Biscuits & Meatloaf with Mashed P…
Spring Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Peas
Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
The Best Food Mash-Ups: Chicken Meatloaf Parm & Pepperoni Pasta
Drunken Chicken with Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
David Boreanaz On "Buffy" Sequel + Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mash…
David Boreanaz On "Buffy" Revival + Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mas…
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken with Herbs & Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Or…
Ryan Scott's Slow-Cooked Chicken Thighs with Garlic Mashed Potat…
Mashed Potatoes with Ricotta
Chicken and Green Apple Curry with Mashed Major Grey Chutney Swe…
See how this recipe was made on Facebook Live!
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 pound cremini or white button mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup (preferably the low-sugar kind), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into half-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until very hot. Add mushrooms and cook until brown on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Add in onion, carrot, celery and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are softened, about 3-4 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine and let it reduce by half. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, panko, ground flax seeds, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and the cooled mushroom mixture with your hands, but don’t overmix. Divide the meatloaf mixture into 6 equal parts and form each part into a mini meatloaf. Place the meatloaves on a parchment-lined sheet tray then brush remaining ketchup over the top of each loaf. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until meatloaf registers 160°F in the center.
While the meatloaves are baking, place sweet potatoes in cold water in a large pot. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add buttermilk, maple syrup, salt and pepper, and mash to desired consistency.
Serve 1 mini meatloaf per person with mashed sweet potatoes alongside.