- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 sprig rosemary, stem removed or 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce jar mixed olives in water with pits
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the olive oil, orange juice and zest, garlic clove, rosemary, chili flakes and salt, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the spices and herbs to soften; set aside.
Drain the olives and add them to the warm olive oil mixture. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to soak up the flavors.
Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Caramelized Onion & Apple Crostini
Damaris Phillips' Holiday Cereal Mix