- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound sweet sausage with fennel, removed from casings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 3 stems rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 large head escarole, washed and coarsely chopped
- A few grates nutmeg
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pound rigatoni
- A few handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons butter
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add sausage, brown and crumble; remove. Add onions and garlic to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and stir until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the beans, rosemary and white wine, and scrape up drippings on the bottom of the pan. Wilt greens into the beans; season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add stock and reduce heat to medium-low.
Salt pasta water and cook rigatoni 1 minute less than package directions. Reserve about 1 cup starchy water then drain.
Add sausage and pasta to skillet, and toss with half the reserved cooking water and a couple handfuls of cheese for about a minute. Add more water and the butter in small pieces and toss to coat and combine pasta with sauce. Serve with more cheese on top.
Ridiculously Good Chicken Riggies
Chicken Paillard with Greens, Mozzarella and Crispy Prosciutto
Winter Greens Pasta