- 1 soft Italian roll with a nice crust, cut lengthwise but not all the way through to open like a book
- 7 ounces thinly slice ribeye meat
- 1 beefsteak tomato, thickly sliced
- 2 to 3 slices Provolone or American cheese
- A sprinkle dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped white or vidalia onion
Heat up a griddle or sauté pan and add a drizzle of oil and one spray of Pam (this will ensure that nothing sticks). Add onions and cook over low heat to caramelize. While the onions cook, in a small saucepan cook cheese whiz over low heat. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
To the hot griddle or pan, add 3 thick slices from your tomato and cook each side until soft; remove and reserve. Add ribeye to the hot griddle and cook until done, about 90 seconds each side.
Place cheese on one side of the roll , top with ribeye, grilled tomatoes and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with dried oregano and enjoy!