- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- A handful cilantro, chopped plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds, plus more for garnish
Put the onion and lime juice into a medium-size bowl. Add salt, stir and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
To the onion, add the avocado and jalapeño and mash with a wooden spoon or potato masher until smooth. Stir in the tomato, chopped cilantro and pomegranate seeds. Adjust seasoning to taste.
To make the wreath, place a small bowl upside down in a 10- or 12-inch shallow casserole dish to create a big ring mold. Plate the guacamole around the bowl then remove the small bowl. Garnish with cilantro and pomegranate seeds to look like holly!
Audrey Johns’ Guacamole Dip
Anne Burrell’s Super Simply Yummy Guacamole