- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 12-ounce bottles chili sauce
- 2 16-ounce cans jellied cranberry sauce
- Fresh cranberries, if desired, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and eggs. Mix well then shape into balls about an inch in diameter. Place them, evenly spaced, on a 15x10-inch baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
While meatballs are baking, place chili sauce and cranberry sauce in a three-quart saucepan. Bring ingredients to a simmer and cook about five minutes, stirring often.
When meatballs are finished baking, add them to the sauce, stirring to coat. Cook an additional five minutes, stirring occasionally.
To garnish, thread one cranberry per toothpick and stick in a meatball. Repeat for all meatballs.
Clinton Kelly’s Make-Ahead Turkey Meatballs
Roasted Meatballs in Tomato-Basil Sauce
9 Meatballs You Couldn’t Get Enough Of