Boneless Fried Chicken with 12 Herbs and Spices
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 12 pieces skin-on, boneless cut chicken breasts and thighs (ask your butcher to do this or use a sharp boning or paring knife to cut bones from breasts and thighs—do not use drummers)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (I use Gebhardt’s)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- For frying: 6 egg whites
- Frying oil, 2 quarts minimum
- For serving: Honey and hot sauce
Heat oil in Dutch oven or tabletop fryer to 350°F.
Whisk up flour, sugar with the 12 herbs and spices.
Beat egg whites in shallow dish.
Coat a few pieces of chicken at a time in egg whites then pat on even layer of spicy flour. Fry chicken pieces in batches for 10-12 minutes or until deep golden all over and to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Keep the chicken warm in 275°F oven on a rack set into baking sheet while you fry the rest of the chicken.
Serve chicken with honey and hot sauce.