- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bundle thin springs asparagus, trimmed of ends and thinly sliced on bias
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1/3 pound (a handful) thin green beans (haricots verts), cut into thirds on bias
- 1 bunch green spring onions, thin leeks or fat scallions, thinly sliced on bias, whites and greens separated
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch (about 24) saffron threads
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- Egg or semolina pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigaino-Reggiano, plus some to pass at table
- Finely chopped parsley, basil and chives, to serve
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add asparagus, peas, beans, whites of onions, leeks or scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and toss to tender-crisp 3-5 minutes. Add wine or stock.
In a small saucepot, bring cream, lemon zest and saffron threads to a low boil. Simmer 3 minutes to thicken then remove from heat.
Salt boiling water liberally and cook pasta 1 minute under suggested time for al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid then drain.
Toss pasta with reserved cooking liquid, vegetables, infused cream, grated cheese and a fat drizzle of EVOO for a full minute. Serve in shallow bowls, topped with chives, basil, and parsley. Pass more cheese at the table.
Kris Jenner's Pasta Primavera Recipe
Macaroni and Cheese Primavera
Pasta Primavera with Chicken