Filet of Sole Cutlets with Lemon-Chard Pesto, Spring Vegetables …
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1/2 pound Swiss chard or fancy spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 tablespoons toasted walnut, hazelnut or almond pieces plus 1/3 cup ground toasted nuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 lemons, divided
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- About 1/3 cup EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary and thyme
- 4 sole filets
- About 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 large eggs
- Safflower or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch pencil-thin asparagus, trimmed of tough ends and sliced on bias into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 bunch spring onions, whites and light greens sliced on bias
- 1 bunch (3 to 4 cups) fancy or baby arugula
Combine chard or spinach in a food processor with toasted nut pieces, cheese, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, juice of 1/2 lemon, garlic, EVOO, salt and pepper. Process into a pesto and remove to serving dish.
In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs with the ground nuts, finely chopped herbs, salt and pepper. In a second dish, add flour and season with salt and pepper; in a third dish, whisk up eggs.
Heat a shallow layer of oil in very large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Dress sole filets first in flour, then egg and then the breadcrumbs, and fry until deep golden. Drain on wire rack.
While the fish cooks, melt butter a large sauté pan over medium heat. When it foams, sauté the asparagus, peas and spring onions to tender-crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Remove vegetables from heat.
Dress arugula with juice of 1/2 lemon and a drizzle of good olive oil. Combine greens with asparagus. Serve fish topped with pesto, with lemon wedges and vegetables alongside.
Swordfish Cutlets with Citrus Breadcrumbs and Chunky Caponata
Roast Cod Agro Dolce with Fennel
Puttanesca Green Beans with Grilled Swordfish and Oregano