Rolled Spring Meatloaf
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 loosely packed cup finely chopped mint and parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- About 1 cup fine breadcrumbs (I use Buon Italia), toasted
- A fat splash milk (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped, whites and light greens or 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1 pound farm/medium-leaf (not baby) spinach, coarsely chopped
- About 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place meat in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, herbs, red pepper (if using), breadcrumbs, milk, egg and a fat drizzle of EVOO. Mix well with your hands then transfer to a piece of parchment paper. Form meat into a large rectangle 1-inch thick.
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions or shallots and season with salt and pepper. Stir 2-3 minutes then wilt in spinach. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir in lemon zest and juice then drain off excess liquid and let cool.
Cover the meat with an even layer of the cooled spinach, leaving a few inches of meat uncovered at one end to seal the loaf. Top the spinach with feta crumbles.
Use the parchment paper to help you wrap and roll the loaf then press into even shape to set. Place on a clean parchment-lined baking sheet and roast about an hour to an internal temperature of about 150°F. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Serve topped with Lemony Gravy with a side of grilled asparagus and spring onions.
Rolled Meatloaf with Broccoli Rabe, Provolone and Cherry Peppers
Beef and Bacon Meatloaf
Stuffed Cabbage Cake with Sausage