- Cooking spray
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 pound), halved horizontally
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set the tomato halves cut-side up in the dish.
In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, oil, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1/4 of the mixture evenly over the top of each tomato.
Transfer dish to oven and roast until the tomatoes are very soft and the breadcrumbs are golden, 20-25 minutes.
Watch This And You'll Never Cut Tomatoes The Same Way Again
Berry Good with Mozzarella and Grilled Bread
Damaris Phillips' Healthy Hot Chicken Tenders