Charred Salsa Verde Suiza Tacos
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds tomatillos, peeled
- 1 white onion, cut into thick slices or wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 jalapeño or 3 serrano peppers
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon (about 1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- A handful cilantro tops
- 2 teaspoons honey or light agave
- Juice of 3 limes, divided
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 small rotisserie chickens, meat pulled
- 16 corn tacos, grilled or blistered in pan over high heat until charred
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Radish matchsticks
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Cilantro tops
If you have a grill basket, prepare a grill to medium-high to high heat. Or, preheat broiler to high and set a rack in the upper third of the oven.
Arrange the tomatillos, onions, garlic and peppers in the grill basket (if grilling) or on a baking sheet (if broiling), spray lightly with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Cook veggies until charred.
Transfer to a food processor and add cumin, cilantro, juice of 2 limes and honey. Purée into a salsa then remove to a bowl.
Rinse out the processor bowl and add avocado, juice of remaining lime and crema or sour cream. Place in a squirt bottle or dish.
Heat chicken with a splash or two of chicken stock in a skillet set on the grill or the stove.
Fill charred tortillas with chicken, cheeses, salsa, red onions, radish, jalapeño and cilantro.
Cheesy Squash and Corn Burritos
Chicken Suiza Soft Tacos or Fajitas
Quick Chicken Suiza Burritos