Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Burgers with Provolone, Broccoli Ra…
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
Interview Advice For Older Candidates Looking For a Job During C…
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
How To Make Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Shrimp By Rachael
Hilarious Exchange Between Rach & John About What They Ate On Fi…
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 4 large cloves garlic, 2 finely chopped and 2 thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- About 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 8 deli-cut slices Provolone
- 4 crusty rolls
- Hot Hoagie Spread or jarred Italian pickled sliced cherry peppers, finely chopped or pulsed a few times in a food processor plus a few tablespoons of brine
Place pork in a bowl and season liberally with salt and pepper. Combine baking soda and wine in a small bowl and add mixture to the pork along with the finely chopped garlic, onion flakes, oregano, sage, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, fennel seed and allspice. Combine and chill at least 1 hour up to overnight. Form 4 patties that are thinner at the center for even cooking.
Bring a few inches of water to boil. Add salt and blanch the broccoli rabe for 2 minutes. Transfer to an ice bath then dry.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan EVOO. Add patties and cook 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Place 2 slices of provolone per patty and cover with foil to melt; remove pan from heat.
In a medium skillet, heat remaining EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add broccoli rabe and garlic, and season with salt and red pepper. Toss a couple of minutes to heat through.
Place patties on bun bottoms and top with broccoli rabe. Slather bun tops with Hoagie Spread/chopped cherry peppers and set bun tops in place. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.
Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich
Rachael's Best Burger Tips