- 2 pounds flank steak, halved lengthwise and across to form 4 portions
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling plus 1/3 cup
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded for less heat or leave seeds in for spicy salsa, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, whites and light greens, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packed cup parsley or combination parsley and cilantro tops
- 1/2 cup (a good handful) mint leaves
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced, 1 halved
- About 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Hot or sweet smoked paprika, to garnish
Bring steaks to room temperature, pat dry and season with Kosher salt and black pepper on both sides. Drizzle with oil or spray.
Heat a grill or cast-iron skillet to medium-high.
In a food processor, combine jalapeño, scallions, garlic, herbs, lime zest and juice, vinegar and 1/3 cup EVOO. Season with salt and pepper, and process sauce; adjust seasoning then transfer to a bowl.
Spray the cooking surface and grill or cook steak 8-10 minutes for a pink center, turning occasionally. Grill or cook lime halves during the last minute of cooking time. Let meat rest 5-10 minutes then slice against grain about 1/4-inch thick. Dress with the juice from grilled or caramelized lime halves. Arrange the meat fanned on plates and spoon the salsa verde over top.
Oil and Vinegar Flank Steak
Flank Steak Tacos
Skirt Steak Fajitas