- 4 large field or bell peppers, 2 red 1 yellow and 1 green
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 3 large ears corn on the cob
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large jalapeños, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion or 2 fat shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 4 spring onions or scallions, whites and light greens chopped
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- Cayenne pepper sauce, to taste (I use Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepper Jack
- 1 1/2 cups shredded yellow cheddar
- Shredded iceberg or gem lettuce
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive OIl, for drizzling
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup crema
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- A small handful each chives and dill
Cut peppers lengthwise into quarters and seed; finely dice 2 of the quarters and reserve for corn and crab filling. Cut each remaining quarter pepper into 3 chip-shaped triangles.
Arrange the pepper “chips” on a baking sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray and bake at 500°F for 7-8 minutes; remove from oven and season with salt.
Invert a small bowl in a large bowl and stand the ears of corn on the small bowl to scrape kernels from cob and collect them. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté corn, chopped red peppers, jalapeños, onions or shallots, and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and thyme, and cook 5 minutes to soften. Add spring onions or scallions, and juice of 1 lime; remove pan from heat.
Run your fingers through the crab to check for shells then season with hot sauce and Old Bay Seasoning; combine with corn.
Top pepper chips with the corn and crab mixture, really mounding it up. Cap it all off with the cheeses then place back in oven a couple of minutes to melt.
In a food processor, blend crema ingredients and place in small bowl or squirt bottle.
Toss lettuce with some lime juice, EVOO salt, pepper and cilantro. Arrange salad on plates then top with several pepper nachos and some Dill and Chive Avo-Crema.
New York Deli Nachos
Blue Chilaquiles Verde with Eggs