- 145 grams (1 cup) slivered almonds
- 200 grams (2/3 cup) agave nectar
- 130 grams (2/3 cup) olive oil OR coconut oil
- 24 grams (2 tablespoons) vanilla extract
- 20 grams (1 tablespoon) almond butter
- 7.5 grams (1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon) ground golden flax
- 210 grams (2 cups) gluten-free oats
- 220 grams (2 cups) almond flour
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) your favorite gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) kosher salt
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 300℉.
Scatter the slivered almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for ten minutes. They will have little color but will add another level of flavor to your LIFE cookies!
In the bowl of a stand mixer, paddle together the agave, olive oil and vanilla extract on low speed. Add the almond butter and continue paddling until no lumps remain.
Add the ground golden flax and continue paddling on low speed until mixture darkens, becomes thicker and leaves a defined trail in the bowl. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine oats, almond flour, gluten-free flour, salt, chocolate chips and toasted almonds, and toss to combine.
Take the bowl off the stand mixer and dump the bowl of dry ingredients right on top of the wet ingredients. Mix it all together with a big rubber spatula (or your hands!) until all the ingredients are perfectly combined and there are no dry pockets. Make sure to get all the way to the bottom of the bowl!
Cover the dough well with plastic wrap and chill for about 30 minutes, to make the dough easier to scoop.
Use an ice cream scooper (or a measuring cup; either should be about 1/4 cup by volume) to scoop dough onto parchment-lined sheet pans. Press the dough balls into flat rounds a little less than a half-inch thick.
Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes. Ovens vary a lot, so make sure to rotate the cookies after about 4 minutes and check on their progress! You’re looking for cookies that are ever so slightly browned around the edges. Remove the sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool as the cookies will be soft and fragile when they come out of the oven.
These cookies will keep for 1 week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.