- Use the syrup to top not only the pears, but French Toast as well.
- 4 Bartlett Pears, ripe but firm (peeled, halved and cored)
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup apple cider, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Grade-A real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
“Use the syrup to top not only the pears, but French Toast as well.” *You can swap Bosc Pears for Bartlett, but raise the oven temp to 400°F degrees.
Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Rub sliced pears with lemon to prevent browning.
Heat cider in the microwave for 1 minute then stir in butter until melted.
Place pears cut-side down in a baking dish large enough for all of them to fit. Pour cider mixture over pears then drizzle maple syrup over the top. Bake for 30 minutes, basting with juice from the bottom of the pan every 10 minutes.
Remove pears from dish and place on a serving platter. Stir vanilla into the pan then pour syrup over pears.