- 1 zucchini, seeded and julienned (cut into fat matchsticks)
- 3/4 pound green beans, cut into thirds on a bias
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs thyme
- 1 loosely packed cup basil leaves, cut into chiffonade (very thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch arugula, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A few curls of Parm or Pecorino (shaved off with a veggie peeler)
- 1/4 cup cracked green Cerignola olives
Bring a few inches of water to a boil, season with salt and boil beans and zucchini for 1 minute. Cold-shock veggies in ice water then drain.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add a garlic garlic and few sprigs thyme, and stir a minute. Add 2 pieces of chicken and brown for 2 minutes; turn chicken over and put the garlic and thyme on top. Cook about 6 minutes total until cooked through. Remove the thyme and garlic and repeat with remaining chicken, garlic and thyme.
Toss zucchini and beans with basil, arugula, lemon and a drizzle or two of EVOO. Add cheese curls and green olives, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve paillards topped with salad.