Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Fried Egg and Guacamole
Gumbo-Style Chunky Hash with Fried Eggs
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Chorizo Quesadillas
How To Make Chorizo Quesadillas With Spicy Ranchero Sauce By Rac…
Steve's Black Friday Sweet-Potato Waffles
Sunny Anderson’s Egg-Free Sweet Potato Pie
Bacon, Potato and Leek Frittata with Burst Tomato Sauce
Bacon and Sweet Potato Hash
Chicken with Orange, Sweet Vermouth and Tarragon Egg Noodles
Jamie Oliver's Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, very thinly sliced on mandoline or the wide-mouth side of a box grater
- 1 small red onion, half sliced very thin and half finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, pasted or finely grated, divided
- 1 ear corn, scraped from cob
- 2 large jalapeños, 1 thinly sliced and 1 finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (a scant 1/3 palmful) smoked sweet paprika
- A few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves finely chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1 vine tomato, diced or 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A small handful cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Cooking spray or oil, for coating pan
- 8 corn tortillas
- 12 ounces (2 1/2 cups) shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
- Butter, to fry eggs
- 4 large eggs
Heat a medium, nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat with oil. Add sweet potatoes, sliced red onions, half of the pasted garlic, corn and jalapeños; season with salt, smoked paprika and thyme. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until potatoes are tender and crispy at edges.
Mash avocados with lime juice and salt. Mix in the finely chopped onions, remaining pasted garlic and chopped jalapeños; adjust seasoning and top with tomatoes and cilantro leaves.
Heat a nonstick griddle or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray or wipe oil around with a towel for very thin layer. Place 4 corn tortillas in pan, top with a thin layer of cheese, 1/4 of the potatoes and corn then more cheese and another tortilla. Spray top tortilla or brush lightly with oil and cook until deeply golden and crisp, turning occasionally.
In a small, nonstick skillet, melt a pat of butter and fry eggs to soft sunny-side up or over-easy to medium or hard.
Place an egg on each quesadilla then top with some guac and tomatoes.