- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup kale, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 pound Applewood smoked bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded mild
- 1 puff pastry, sheet frozen, defrosted
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a bowl, mix cream cheese, honey, Kale, bacon, shredded cheese, black pepper and red pepper into a paste.
Lay out the sheets of puff pastry and poke them with a fork. Divide the cream cheese mix between the sheets and spread it out evenly over each piece of dough, from edge to edge.
Starting with the long side, roll dough up tight. Wrap in film and place in fridge for 20-25 minutes to set.
Remove rolls from fridge and slice into 12 pieces per roll, they will be slightly smaller than a half-inch. Place cut-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.