- 1/2 pound bacon, , chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- black pepper, Freshly ground
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti cooked to al dente
- 4 eggs, large, beaten
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves, finely chopped fresh
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the oil in the skillet except for 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic; season with black pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds then add the crispy bacon back to the skillet along with the pasta. Sauté for 1 minute.
Season the eggs with salt. Remove pan from the heat and add the eggs, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken—but do not scramble. Add the cheese and re-season with salt and pepper.
Mound into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.