- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
- About 3 tablespoons grated onion and its juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- About 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- A drizzle of olive or canola oil
- Salt-topped pretzel hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted or warmed
- Deli or yellow mustard, sliced dill pickles, Gem romaine, sliced tomato, chopped raw white onions, rinsed and drained
- 1 tub Pub Cheese (cheddar spread), such as Kaukauna Port Wine Wisconsin Cheddar Spread, Oscar’s Smokehouse Bacon Horseradish Cheddar Spread or Oscar’s Cheddar Spread with Jalapeño
Serves: 4 servings
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Preheat large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Combine beef, salt, pepper, onion and onion juice, garlic, parsley and Worcestershire. Form 4 large, thin beef patties that are thinner at center than the edges for even cooking.
Arrange bacon on baking sheet and bake about 15 minutes until crisp.
Griddle the burgers 6-8 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness.
Build burgers: Spread mustard on bun bottoms then pile pickles, lettuce, tomato, onions, bacon, burger patty and pub cheese. Set bun tops in place and serve.