- 2 cups sugar, powdered
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-flavored whiskey (such as Fireball)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 homemade or store-bought donuts
- Pepita seeds, toasted for topping
- nutmeg, Freshly grated for topping
In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the powdered sugar with the whiskey, apple cider, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth.
Working one at a time, dip a donut into the glaze then hold it over the bowl for a few second to let any excess drip off. Flip the donut and place glazed-side up onto a cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the donuts.
While the donuts are still slightly wet, sprinkle with pepita seeds and nutmeg.