- 1 1/2 cups sugar, powdered
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of coffee-flavored liqueur (such as Kahlua)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 homemade or store-bought donuts
- Chocolate sprinkles, for topping
- espresso granules, Instant for topping
In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and cocoa powder together until combined. Add in the Kahlua, heavy cream, water and salt, and whisk until smooth.
Working one at a time, dip a donut into the glaze then hold it over the bowl for a few second to let any excess drip off. Flip the donut and place it glazed-side up onto a cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the donuts.
While the donuts are still slightly wet, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles and a little pinch of instant espresso powder.